Last Updated: 19th October, 2018
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you create an account, participate in any interactive features of the Services, fill out a form, purchase a license to the Software, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, company or employer information, financial information in connection with purchasing a Software license, job title, phone number and any other information you choose to provide.
Information About Your Use of the Services
We collect information about your use of the Services, such as Software functionality and analytics (with your consent) and the amount of data transferred in using our Services.
Automatically Collected Information
When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information: We collect log information about your use of the Services, including the type of browser you use, Software version, access times, pages viewed, your IP address, and your MAC address.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, and your MAC Address.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use different technologies to collect information, including cookies. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular and count visits. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, please see “Your Choices” below.
Use of Information
We use the information we collect to provide, maintain, and improve our Services, such as to register, administer, and secure your account and make the Services available to you. We may also use the information we collect to:
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages and to respond to your comments, questions and customer service requests;
- Communicate with you about releases, products, services, and offers;
- Monitor and analyse trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- Detect, investigate, and prevent fraud and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of Slanted Theory and others;
- Personalize and improve the Services;
- Comply with our legal obligations;
- Enforce, or otherwise use in connection with, any terms governing use of our Services; and carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
Sharing of Information
We will not share data except in the following circumstances:
- With other users of our Software at your direction or with your consent;
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Slanted Theory or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
- Between and among Slanted Theory and our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and other companies under common control and ownership; and
- With your consent or at your direction. We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Analytics Services Provided by Others
If you are a resident of the EEA (defined below), you may have additional choices. Please visit http://youronlinechoices.eu/ for more information.
We store the information we collect about you for as long as is necessary for the purpose(s) for which we originally collected it. We may retain certain information for legitimate business purposes or as required by law.
Transfer of Information to the UK and Other Countries
Slanted Theory is based in the United Kingdom and we process and store information in the UK. As such, we and our service providers may transfer your information to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction. We will take steps to ensure that your personal data receives an adequate level of protection in the jurisdictions in which we process it.
If you are in the European Economic Area
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), you have certain rights and protections under the law regarding the processing of your personal data.
Legal Basis for Processing
If you are a resident of the EEA, when we process your personal data we will only do so in the following situations:
- We need to use your personal data to perform our responsibilities under our contract with you (e.g., processing payments for and providing the Slanted Theory Services you have requested).
- We have a legitimate interest in processing your personal data. For example, we may process your personal data to send you marketing communications, to communicate with you about releases or changes to our Services, and to provide, secure, and improve
Data Subject Requests
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to access personal data we hold about you and to ask that your personal data be corrected, erased, or transferred. You may also have the right to object to, or request that we restrict, certain processing. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, you may contact us as indicated below.
Questions or Complaints
If you are a resident of the EEA and have a concern about our processing of personal data that we are not able to resolve, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the data privacy authority where you reside. For contact details of your local Data Protection Authority, please see: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm, http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm.
You may update, correct or delete information about you at any time by emailing us at info@Slantedtheory.com. If you wish to deactivate your account, please email us at info@Slantedtheory.com, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you in connection with our data retention policies.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of some of our Services.
Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
Our website uses Google analytics, please review our Analytics sections for more information.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies and to delete cookies. The methods for doing so vary from browser to browser, and from version to version. You can however obtain up-to-date information about blocking and deleting cookies via these links:
(a) https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en (Chrome);
(b) https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences (Firefox);
(c) http://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/cookies/ (Opera);
(d) https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies (Internet Explorer);
(e) https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411 (Safari); and
(f) https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10-microsoft-edge-and-privacy (Edge).
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from Slanted Theory by following the instructions in those emails or by emailing us at info@Slantedtheory.com. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
This website is owned and operated by Twinlama Limited. We are registered in England and Wales under registration: 09946102. Our registered office is at 25 Mowbray Street, Sheffield S3 8EL